LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Danish jet plane, crashed 1955 near my hometown

Last post 02-14-2001, 11:54 PM by anonymous2. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-28-2000, 1:54 PM 1263

Danish jet plane, crashed 1955 near my hometown

*** Posted by Juergen Haus, Germany ***
    Hello !
    I (35 years) would like to know which institution I can attend to in order to reveal the facts which refer to the crash of a Danish jet plane which crashed near my hometown ca. in 1955. The only facts I know are as follows: The pilot bailed out when he noticed that the (single ?) engine had caught fire. He and the plane came down in a rural hamlet called "Zitterhuck" which is situated between the cities of Geldern, Kapellen and Issum, which belong to the county of Kleve in Northwest Germany (in 1955 they belonged to the county of Geldern). The pilot got well off by parachute. The crashsite was cleared from wreck parts a little time later. As an aircraft hobby archaeologist I would like to check the crashsite for wreck parts which have perhaps remained inside the ground, but it is a question of sincerety to me to reveal the history of the pilot and his mission first. Thank you very much for your help.
  •  12-30-2000, 7:33 PM 1264 in reply to 1263

Re:Danish jet plane, crashed 1955 near my hometown

*** Posted by Erik Jespersen ***
    According to a book of Danish Airforce
    history from 1966; a danish jet crashed
    in Germany 09 FEB 1955. The pilot were
    FltLeutenant J.M.Jensen.

rgds
    Erik

[Hello !
    I (35 years) would like to know which institution I can attend to in order to reveal the facts which refer to the crash of a Danish jet plane which crashed near my hometown ca. in 1955. The only facts I know are as follows: The pilot bailed out when he noticed that the (single ?) engine had caught fire. He and the plane came down in a rural hamlet called "Zitterhuck" which is situated between the cities of Geldern, Kapellen and Issum, which belong to the county of Kleve in Northwest Germany (in 1955 they belonged to the county of Geldern). The pilot got well off by parachute. The crashsite was cleared from wreck parts a little time later. As an aircraft hobby archaeologist I would like to check the crashsite for wreck parts which have perhaps remained inside the ground, but it is a question of sincerety to me to reveal the history of the pilot and his mission first. Thank you very much for your help.]
  •  02-14-2001, 11:54 PM 1290 in reply to 1263

Re:Danish jet plane, crashed 1955 near my hometown

*** Posted by John Raahauge (RUN) ***
    Hi

I have done a little research and found info about what I believe is the crash you reference.
    9 feb 1955 the plane was a F-84G Serialnumber 52-2934 and the pilot was FL J.M.Jensen and as you described he saved himself by using the Ejection seat.

Here is some info about the a/c:

<a href='http://dv-flymuseum.dk/UK/UKfly/thunderjet.html' target='_blank'>F-84 G</a>

Regards John Raahauge
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us